UPCManager© is a full featured UPC collection and management application supporting the latest Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) and National UPC Database (NUPC) standards. The application makes your collection process easier through an intuitive interface and industry standard design. UPCManager© supports the widest array of PC hardware and screen resolutions making it a ready to run solution for your WIC Program.
- Intuitive, easy to use interface
- UPC collection and vendor reference
- User and role based security
- Collects NUPC database required fields
- Collects product shelf prices by vendor peer groups with averages
- Creates NUPC and MIS upload files
- Exports UPC and vendor tables to Microsoft Excel™ for analysis and reporting
- Integrates laser bar code scanner input with search and auto-add capabilities
- Converts UPC-E and UPC-A codes to standard EAN-13 codes during data entry
- Current category and subcategory tables with unit of measure, package size, short description and exchange size defaults
- Displays vendor details including contacts, peer group, and directions to stores powered by Google© Maps
- Filters on UPC and vendor database fields for quick organization
- Automatically backs up database when exiting
- Easily shares database among co-workers
- Utilities for database backup and restoration including the capability to update with custom SQL commands
- Designed for laptops and tablets running Microsoft Windows™ 7, 8, or 10 (32bit or 64bit). Uses royalty free Microsoft Access™ database engine.
- Customizable for your WIC Program
The UPC/PLU Detail dialog displays collected information for the selected UPC or serves as the data entry screen
for new UPCs.
Data collectors scan the UPC with an attached scanner or manually key the number.
National standard table values are used for NUPC consistency. Mandatory NUPC fields are collected. Data integrity is enforced through prefilled default values where possible with field level edits prior to saves.
Non-standard UPC numbers are converted to the required EAN-13 format.
Administrative fields are partitioned and only available to authorized personnel.
The Vendor Detail dialog (right) displays information on the selected vendor. The dialog shows the store contact
information, peer group, location, and APL Type (used to identify store chains and tailor APLs).
The store location is displayed on a map with driving directions provided via the Google© map engine.
UPCs and stores can be filtered by a variety of criteria including Category, Subcategory, Authorized or Unauthorized,
APL Type, UPC or PLU only, Store Owner, or County allowing quick editing and data organization.
Database utilities allow mass data updates by Administrators, backup and restore, and upload to the MIS or NUPC systems.